Over the past few months, I’ve become intrigued with the world of BB Creams. I started my BB Cream journey with a purchase of Dr. Jart Silver Label and was thoroughly impressed with the results. That made me wonder.. are all BB Creams created equal?
After some googling, it appeared as though the three most popular BB Cream brands were Dr Jart, Skin 79 and Missha. I’ve since purchased one cream from each line to do a side by side comparison. They are:
1. Dr Jart+ Silver Label BB Cream (approx. $28)
2. Skin79 Super BB Cream (approx. $16)
3. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream, #21 Light Beige (approx. $16)
Side by side photos and swatches:
Now let’s do some before and after photos. I concentrated on my forehead to compare coverage, since I have several areas of hyperpigmentation there (aren’t I lucky?)
Time for the Pros & Cons:
Dr Jart+ Silver Label BB Cream
1. Great Coverage, can easily replace foundation.
2. 35 SPF
3. Mild Fragrance
1. Price. Most expensive out of the three.
2. Blotting is necessary.
3. Can look mask-like if applied too heavily.
Skin 79 Pink Super BB Cream
2. Easy vaccuum pump dispenser.
3. Mild Fragrance, fades once applied.
1. Light coverage, not a replacement for foundation.
2. Grayish hue before blended, only comes in one shade.
3. Only 25 SPF (lowest of the 3).
Missha M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream in shade 21 (Light Beige)
1. The only one that comes in multiple shades.
3. 42 SPF (highest of the 3).
1. Heavy frangrance, might irritate some folks.
2. Traditional pump dispenser can be difficult.
3. Coverage is light but buildable to medium.
So what I ultimately discovered is… each BB Cream serves a different purpose. If price isn’t a factor and you are looking for high coverage, you can’t beat Dr. Jart. If you are looking for medium coverage with a higher SPF, go with the more affordable Missha. If you don’t have many flaws but want to create an even canvas, go with Skin79.
My personal conclusion: I think the Missha Perfect Cover will probably meet most people’s needs. It won’t break the bank, it gives decent coverage and the SPF properties are outstanding. Plus, you can actually PICK YOUR SHADE! That is quite a rare luxury in the world of BB Creams.
I hope this comparison helped you! If you have any questions about any of the products discussed, just ask in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Products purchased by me with my own money. Not sponsored in any way.